What can be done if I was arrested for Public Intoxication during the summer and I was given a date to which I was expected to go to court? 2 Answers as of January 07, 2015

However, as it transpired the case was never filed and when I looked at my booking ticket I observed that my name, date of birth and address had been taken down incorrectly. Perhaps due to accent difficulties (I am not American) these were errors I informed staff of upon being released however they informed me that it didn't matter as my offence was not a major issue and that I would be okay. I am just wondering where this leaves me in terms of applying for employment in the US, obtaining a visa, background checks etcetera. I have no convictions or arrests in my home country. I would appreciate any knowledgeable response on the matter.

Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
If you missed a court date, even if the failure to appear is because prosecution spelled your name wrong, you will have a warrant for your arrest. Try calling the DA's Office and giving them the incorrectly spelled name to check the status of the case filing.
You need to go to the clerk of court to check to see if you are charged under a different name, and if so you need to hire a lawyer to get it dismissed.