What can be done if I was arrested for Public Intoxication during the summer and I was given a date to which I was expected to go to court? 2 Answers as of January 07, 2015

However, as it transpired the case was never filed and when I looked at my booking ticket I observed that my name, date of birth and address had been taken down incorrectly. Perhaps due to accent difficulties (I am not American) these were errors I informed staff of upon being released however they informed me that it didn't matter as my offence was not a major issue and that I would be okay. I am just wondering where this leaves me in terms of applying for employment in the US, obtaining a visa, background checks etcetera. I have no convictions or arrests in my home country. I would appreciate any knowledgeable response on the matter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
If you missed a court date, even if the failure to appear is because prosecution spelled your name wrong, you will have a warrant for your arrest. Try calling the DA's Office and giving them the incorrectly spelled name to check the status of the case filing.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/7/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to go to the clerk of court to check to see if you are charged under a different name, and if so you need to hire a lawyer to get it dismissed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/7/2015
Click to View More Answers: