What can be done if I am wrongfully accused in a lawsuit against a former employer? 2 Answers as of August 05, 2011

I am named in a racial discrimination suit against a former employer, who laid me off. Although the plaintiffs Attorney has told me I am only involved because I was I was the manager at the time I believe it is causing me problems with reemployment, Do I have any recourse?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Retain and/or consult with an employment attorney to personally represent you in the lawsuit, if the former employer's attorney is not doing so.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 8/5/2011
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
The former employer should be providing you with an attorney to defend you in the lawsuit. If not, demand they do so. If they still refuse, see if you can settle with the Plaintiff by testifying against your former employer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: