What can be done if he flagged them as fraud on the credit cards, even though I was given permission? 3 Answers as of March 01, 2017

A couple years back, I was given permission by my grandfather to use his credit cards. Basically, the end result is a substantial amount of debt. That he did not agree with. I agreed to pay him back but he filed a police report. He told them that he does not want to press criminal charges but just wants to file a report. I want to know where that leaves me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
It leaves you with the possibility of charges being filed against you. Once a police report has been made, the allegations and charges are sent to the District Attorney to determine whether to file charges with the court. The decision to file charges, reduce charges, prosecute a case or dismiss a case is solely at the discretion of the District Attorney or Prosecuting Attorney. If charges are filed and the "victim" wishes to have the charges dropped or dismissed, he/she should talk with the D.A. However, the final decision will be up to the D.A.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/1/2017
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Filing a report is simply the first step to a criminal charge. What do you think the DA does when the report lands on his/her desk? Just remember you have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/28/2017
Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider
Law Office of Peter F. Goldscheider | Peter Goldscheider
Tell him filing a police report can likely result in charges whether he wants to or not.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/28/2017
Click to View More Answers: