What can be done if the company shutdown without notice? 5 Answers as of April 15, 2013

I have been a manager for CPI corporation sears portrait studio for the past 8 yrs been with the company for 9yrs. I went into work and was turned around to a letter on my browser from work stating that the company has shutdown. No notice to me or even the host store (sears) just wanted some advice did they violate the (warn)act ?

Law Office of Patricia S. Rose | Patricia S. Rose
It is possible that this implicates the WARN Act. You can contact DOL or arrange a private consultation with a lawyer like myself.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
In all likelihood, this company violated WARN, assuming that it had sufficient employees to be covered by the law. Here is a link to a summary of the law.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
I do not know if the WARN act covers this or not. Your sole remedy may be to file an unemployment comp claim.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
You should contact the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division to get an answer to your question.
You have to find another job. If you could quit the company it can quit you.