What can be done if client is not honoring our agreement for financial services? 1 Answers as of October 21, 2017

I am a financial consultant, and I have a client who (I believe) is not honoring our signed and dated agreement for financial services. The key paragraph in the Agreement reads: "As further consideration to Consultant, Client agrees not to obtain financing from Lenders/Investors supplied by Consultant, either directly or through third parties, without prior written consent of Consultant, for a period of two (2) years from the date of this agreement except through Consultant and that a separate agreement shall be required for these services." I learned earlier today that this client behind my back has found an investor for his product, and is now cutting me out. He, I believe, is not allowed to reach out to potential investors on his own without my written approval.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
There is a concept known as "anticipatory repudiation." If a party to an agreement says or does things which reasonably lead you to believe that they are going to breach the agreement, you can sue to stop it. Talk to a transactional lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: