What is the best way to stop my neighbor from harassing me? 7 Answers as of April 17, 2013

My neighbor calls the police on me repeatedly for playing music outdoors in the middle of the afternoon. I feel I should be able to play music on my property in the middle of the day without being harassed. The police agree that he is a nuisance; they are required to come out when he calls but never give us any trouble. But I would like to know how I can stop this continued harassment. What are my best options? He has now started sending us postal mail with his complaints.

You may want to consult with an attorney and discuss the possibility of obtaining a restraining order.
Best way is to move. Second best way is to sue him for him being a nuisance to you. Third best way is to take a TPO.
Get a restraining order to prevent further acts on his part.
Get an attorney and file suit against him for the harassment.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
I don't think the law is going to provide a solution for you in this situation. You are going to have to work it out with your neighbor. If that's not possible, then you'll either have to stop playing your music, or deal with his complaints.
    His complaints are apparently hypersensitive but the fact that the police does not agree with them does not appear to dissuade him. It would probably be cheaper to get a good set of wireless headphone that to engage an attorney to seek a protective order, your choice.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    Try the police.