What is the best way to get the girl I met online to the US? 6 Answers as of March 12, 2014

I am a US citizen and I met a girl online and we have been chatting for over a year. She lives in Peru and she lived in the US from 2003-2005 with a J-1 visa. After returning, she has applied for a tourist visa a couple of times and it has been denied. I would like to know what are our best options to get her here and see how things can work out between us. Can she apply for a student visa? Would it be okay if she gets in with a student visa and if things work out then get married? Fiance visa? What is the best possible sure way to get her here? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
McKenzie,Wilkes & Mahmoud | Henry Nasif Mahmoud
Your strategy to get her here must involve examination of several issues and various questions must be answered. Has she fulfilled her J-1 visa requirements there in Peru? The tourist visa may have been denied because they believed she would simply become an overstay. What is she studying now to warrant a student visa? What educational institution are you considering? You must indicate her true intentions on an application because you do not what to be accused a filing a false application. We can help you do that. Questions must be answered on your side and more information must be given to us before an adequate strategy can be developed.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 3/12/2014
Law Offices of Rizwan M. Khalid
Law Offices of Rizwan M. Khalid | Rizwan Khalid
Fiance visa would be your best bet, but I wound encourage you to see an immigration attorney to discuss further.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 3/11/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You really need to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. There is a lot more information needed to provide you meaningful advice.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 3/12/2014
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
She can try to apply for a student visa but for that she first has to be admitted into a school/college/university/program that will provide her with the necessary documentation to apply for the student visa at the US Embassy in Lima, Peru. There is no guarantee that it will be granted if she doesn't have sufficient ties to Peru that can be documented and is believe to have possible immigrant intent. A fiance visa is certainly possible as well if you are really committed to marriage. This process takes about 9-12 months from start to visa issuance. Then she would get the fiance visa for entry to the US for 90 days during which time she has to get married to you and then file for adjustment of status to permanent residence on the basis of marriage. For those who are seriously committed, this is a good path; however, if you just want to see how things go, it may not be the ideal option for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/12/2014
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
A student visa is more difficult than a tourist visa. So her chances of getting it are really slim. You can do a fiance visa. That should work about 98% of the time as long as you can prove the relationship. It takes almost a year for that visa, however.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/12/2014
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    If a visitor visa gets denied multiple times, the same is likely for the F-1. If you meet in-person, like in Peru, you could then sponsor her for a fiance visa, but generally, you must have met in-person first.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 3/12/2014
Click to View More Answers: