What is the best way to bring my girlfriend to the US? 2 Answers as of March 22, 2011

My girlfriend came with her family illegally when she was 2. She is about to turn 21 and she just got deported. Can I go to Mexico and get married over there and then try to get her paperwork in order so she could come back? What could I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Since she is deported, a waiver must be obtained. Talk to a lawyer who can help you.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/22/2011
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
It appears as if you have a difficult case if your girlfriend has already been deported. Consult with an attorney about filing a marriage petition and waivers. Your girlfriend would have been in a much better position (and here in the US) if you hired an attorney before or during the deportation proceedings.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: