What is the best way for me to obtain a green card? 7 Answers as of December 20, 2010

I was adopted by US citizens as a minor but my paper was not processed. Now I am 32 years old. I live in Saipan for 18 years with two US citizen children. What is the best option for me to obtain a green card? Saipan is now under federal.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You may be able to prove your legal permanent residency. Please contact an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 12/20/2010
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
It is impossible to answer what is the best way without asking you a lot more questions. I would recommend a consultation to figure out your options. We do charge for consultations $350 per hour - but whatever you pay for the consultation is then 100% credited toward the fees for your case if you retain us for further work after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/20/2010
Pauly P.A.
Pauly P.A. | Clemens W. Pauly
This is a questions which would require a more thorough and detailed analysis and you would have to contact an immigration lawyer to advise you rather than rely on these type of open discussion boards. As you may know he Consolidated Natural Resources Act of 2008 amended
the 1976 Covenant between the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) and the United States to extend, subject to some limitations, the immigration laws of the United States to the CNMI beginning on November 28, 2009. Most aliens present in the CNMI on that date became present in the United States by operation of law and they will have to change their status during a transition period of two years. Whether or not you qualify for a green card based on your unique circumstances or if you qualify for any other nonimmigrant visa is something you need an immigration practitioner research for you.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/20/2010
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If your children are over 21, one of them can sponsor you for a green card as an immediate relative. If you were adopted by US citizens while under the age of 16, then you will need to show the the paperwork was filed and processed by a court.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/20/2010
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
On one hand, your parents foreclosed you from getting automatic citizenship in failing to follow up on your adoption with an IR-3 application for you, which was cut off when you became 18. And to sponsor you for a green card as an immediately-qualifying alien relative was cut off for you at age 21. But I am intrigued by how you were able to have children who are U.S.
citizens. Do you have a husband who is a U.S. citizen? If so, that is an opportunity for you. If you want to know more, let me know via e-mail or phone, and I'll gladly set up an in-person or phone consultation with you. Best to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/19/2010
Click to View More Answers: