What is the best way for me to gain citizenship if I am pregnant with a US citizens baby? 3 Answers as of June 28, 2011

My boyfriend is a US Citizen and I am 7 weeks pregnant with his baby. We are planning to get married as soon as my divorce is complete, which should take 6 months. If I return to the US to be with him on a visitor visa, can I stay in the US? Could I apply to extend my stay? We are getting engaged when I return to the US before the end of July. I want to have my baby in the US, as I want to be with the father of my child. What is the best way for me to go about gaining citizenship if I am pregnant with a US citizen's baby?

Just wait until your divorce is final and marry him if that is what you both agree to anyway. It doesn't matter where the marriage takes place. Of course, if you are in the US at that time, then it is even easier to just adjust your status. Good luck!
You definitely have options but it is way too complicated to answer your questions in a tiny email. I am happy to schedule a full hour long consult (which is about what it will take) to answer your questions and to analyze options. My fee is $150 for that!
Sariol Legal Center
Sariol Legal Center | Frank R. Sariol
Once your divorce is final, he can bring you in with a "fiance" K-1 visa. You have to get married 90 days after entry to the USA and then he can petition for you to become a Legal Permanent Resident.