What is the best possible outcome for a class 2 felony? 5 Answers as of May 20, 2014

I was recently charged with aggravated DUI/Accident/ Death in the state of Illinois. I had an accident while driving my work truck. I slipped on black ice and lost control of the truck and collided with a car. I have no prior conviction and was taken to custody on the day of the accident because there is no sign of me being under the influence of drug or alcohol. I was taken to the hospital and blood and urine sample were taken. The result came out that I did had Marijuana in my system and I am not being charged . Do I have any chance of probation being a first offender?

The best possible outcome would be a victory at trial. ?If the police had no probable cause for the arrest, your lawyer should try for a motion to quash the arrest. However, if found guilty by some remote chance, you probably can get probation, but may have to serve a very short stint in jail, or do a long period of community service. Class 2 felonies carry a possible maximum sentence of 3-7 years in prison, which I very much doubt will be the eventual outcome in your case, as a first time offender.
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
I am a Civil Injury attorney and not Criminal. I do have a criminal attorney in my office. YOU MUST HAVE a Criminal Attorney on this file.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Hire a traffic attorney. THC can be detected as long as 60 days after use and may not indicate impairment. You have defenses.
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
Probation can only be granted in this type of case when there are "exceptional circumstances." You need to retain an attorney ASAP because you are facing a serious prison sentence.
Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
Best possible outcome NOT GUILTY Might not happen but will not unless you have representation by A LAWYER !