What is the best legal way to stay in the country? 3 Answers as of May 05, 2011

I have an American fiancé; we have been together for more than a year now. We were planning on getting married later this year but I was working here on an h2b, been here 2 years. Unfortunately an agency messed up my visa extension. So if we get married now what procedure would be best and how long before I have to leave the country after my visa expires. Thanks

If you are going to get married anyway, then you better do it before your visa becomes a real problem to you both. Once you become someones immediate relative, minor indiscretions will be forgiven up to a certain point. If you got married now, then you should begin to adjust your status to that of a permanent resident. Forms I-130;I-485; I-765; I-864; G-325A; I-693; will need to be filed with supporting documentation. If this is important to you, then consult an attorney and they can save you a lot of headaches. Good luck!
The answer to your question is fairly complicated and also depends on where you are currently living because each DHS has different approaches to this question. I am sorry but please make an appointment with a competent immigration attorney!
The best option for you two to get married now, then she files an I-130 petition and you file for adjustment of status at the same time. This would allow you to obtain a conditional residence card and not have to leave the U.S. when your H2B visa expires.