What is the best course of action for a divorce? 3 Answers as of September 20, 2016

I moved to another state. We have no children or joint property. We would like make this simple and easy and would like not to have to appear in court if possible.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Retaining a lawyer is almost always a good investment in a divorce-although one lawyer can not represent both of you at once. Some clerks of court offices have helping sessions with volunteer law students, who can help you fill out forms. In states where use of forms in encouraged, the two of you might well be able to file a joint petition on your own.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/20/2016
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Too many variables to answer. Speak with a Para-legal service or a local attorney about an uncontested divorce.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/20/2016
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Well, you can probably get this accomplished when an attorney in FL is hired. If you and the spouse can agree upon the division of marital assets and obligations, then it can be uncontested. That is much easier and much swifter, and much less expensive than a contested divorce. You just have to agree upon all issues, and you can probably hire an attorney in FL to prepare all the documentation that is needed.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 9/20/2016
Click to View More Answers: