What is the benefit of a continued without a finding? 1 Answers as of July 05, 2011

I'm 36 yrs old. Mother of 2. I have always had trustworthy jobs. I worked at banks. 2 yrs ago I decided I wanted a change of pace and worked in a different environment. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I stole money I got caught. And am on probation with a cwaf. What does that mean for me when my probation period is over? I thought that it was pretty good until now.

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
It is a good deal. It means essentially what is says CWOF stands for Continued Without Finding. The court agrees to Continue your case Without any Finding for a period, usually 6 months or 1 year. After that period, the case is dismissed. However, since it is continued without any finding, if you violate your terms of probation, the CWOF date will be advanced and the judge will decide how to "Find" for you at the time of the Violation. It's a great deal as long as you stay out of further trouble and do what you are supposed to do. If you do those two things the charges are dismissed at the end of the term. You do not need to go back to court to get the dismissal. It happens by itself.