What is the average cost of bankruptcy? 5 Answers as of October 22, 2010

What is the average cost for a chapter 7 bankruptcy?

Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
The price varies greatly. You can expect a range of $1k - $3k.
About $1750 plus court costs.
The filing fee for a chapter 7 bankruptcy is presently $299. However, if you' ae asking about attorneys fees, that is an impossible question to answer unless one has done an actual statistical survey. It varies based on where your case is filed, the complexity of your case, quality of your attorney, and a number of other factors. I would say the range is anywhere from $500 to $5,000 with the average, at least here, somewhere in the $1,500-2,000 range.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
The cost of a chapter 7 bankruptcy case depends upon whether you do it yourself, hire a petition preparer or hire an attorney to represent you. At minimum, you will pay your court filing fee of $299.00 and both pre-filing credit counseling and post-filing financial management course fees that average a total of $100.00 combined.
Ariano & Reppucci
Ariano & Reppucci | Chris Ariano
I charge anywhere from $1000 in legal fees to $2000. Some attorneys will charge up to $3500. Most of the time my legal fees are closer to $1000 if your case is a simple Chapter 7 bankruptcy. To discuss further, please contact us.