What is the arrest procedure for a minor possession of alcohol? 6 Answers as of June 08, 2015

My 16 year-old son was arrested for possession of alcohol this past weekend. Should the police have provided me or him with any documentation regarding the charges or next steps? Since they did not, is there anything to be done other than waiting for a summons?

You can retain an attorney, or you can seek help to figure out how deep his drug dependency problem lies. Or you can just pretend that it is boys being boys.
Yes he should have received a citation. You should hire a lawyer for him and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By himself he is going to get a criminal record and lose his license for a year, and it isn't worth it.
The police were not required to provide any documentation. Yes, you will ne summoned to appear at the arraignment. Hopefully this is his first offence. There may be a diversion program offer, rather that charging him with a crime. Otherwise, he could be sentenced to have a drug and alcohol evaluation and to take any treatment recommended. Also will be fined and have to do community service.
if he was cited he will be summoned with an appearance date, probably before the juvenile court. there will be additional issues which his driving privileges and record, and I would strongly suggest engaging an attorney to minimize them to the extent possible.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
If the police didn't give him a ticket, the court will mail a summons to him telling him when his court date is. If he gave them his correct address, you should receive the summons in the mail. Then you can hire an attorney to represent him and get the MIP charge dismissed or amended to a lesser offense.