What are the visitation rights for children under age of 3? 1 Answers as of June 29, 2011

Recently my ex and I went to the attorney generals office for child support and visitation. After we got everything sorted out I found out that for children under the age of 3 go by a different visitation schedule. What are my options for me to get papers stating the new visitation rights?

Children under 3 do not automatically go by visitation that is different from older children. There is a provision in the law that allows the court to make orders for children under three that are specifically designed to the benefit of the smaller children. The presumption for Standard visitation remains. Do not let the AG or the other party make this your problem, if she wants you to have less than standard, it is her burden. My advice, file a counter petition for standard visitation and ask to send the case to the District Court, do not rely on the AG.