What are the tips on obtaining a visit visa to the US? 1 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I have applied for a visit visa in the US about 5 years ago but I got denied. My dad is a US citizen and he never made a move on petitioning me because of his wife. Now, I am already married and have a kid. My dad said I will make a away in going there and once I arrive He will hire an immigration lawyer to change my status into working or student visa. However, I am not that financially independent. My question is, can you please give me better tips on how to answer during the interview in the embassy?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Job one is that you have to have a sponsor who invites you to the US. They must be able to show that they have funds to support you in the US for the length of your stay. They will need to provide a Form I-134 with evidence attached to it. The embassy will require that you show you have roots to your country of origin and that you intend to return after your trip to the US (things like a job, properties, family, etc.). The embassy may even require that you post a bond before getting a visa. Since you have a US parent, the embassy assumes that you will stay in the US once here. Start with a sponsor this time. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: