What are a tenants legal rights in Arizona? Posted on June 11, 2011

I live in Arizona I rent from a Property Management company. One of the co-founders of the company coincidently owned the actual home I live in. When I moved in 3 years ago, he worked out a lease option with an investor, that I never knew about. The deal never went through. The Investor lost his down payment by choice, He got out of the deal due to the cost of the home was upside down. The house remained in the owner's name. The co-founder of the Property Management Co never disclosed he was the Owner, nor did I know he had worked out the "Option to purchase" deal with this other person. I only found out last Aug 2010 from the Painter who came to my house. Two months later in Sept 2010, when my one year lease was up. The Property Manager called me Sept 15th-fifteen days before my lease was up and said they would not be offering another one year lease, only a month to month. The new lease said read, In addendum to all terms of my prior lease almost everything would remain the same, with the exception of the month to month cost, and they lowered my rent by $100. They also listed, Owner is trying to work with bank to remodify loan and could take many months. If nothing can be worked out, Lessee could remain in the home and work out the terms with the bank. My payments continued to be paid to the Property Management. (A Trustee sale is now set for July 11, 2011.) I have many questions now, can you help me?