What are the steps to take to prevent deportation? 3 Answers as of August 03, 2011

My brother has lived illegally in the US since he been 1 year old. He is at risk of deportation due to petty theft charge. He is already in the process of getting his green card and is supposed to get it sometimes this month. What can I do to prevent him from being deported??

Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Your brother may not be deported if he gets his green card. You need to consult with an immigration attorney who must review the removal charges and assesses his green card case in order to get a definite answer.
Better arrange for him to see an immigration law attorney to determine whether he may have any defenses against removal for this particular crime of moral turpitude and his being in the U.S. illegally since he was brought here as an infant.
if there is one thing you can do to help him, this thing is to find an experienced immigration lawyer. The reason I say that is that he is illegal here subject him to deportation already. But he might be eligible for certain defense. You should hire a lawyer to help you now.