What are the steps to take to change my visa? 7 Answers as of August 03, 2011

I entered the US to travel and met up with a long time friend of mine who over the time ive spent here in the US have bonded more than just friendship and are looking to get married. We were wondering what we would need to do to change my legal b2 travel and tourism visa to a fiance visa or a visa that permits me to stay in the US, be married to her and legally work without trouble.

Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Hello, since you are on a B2 you can legally marry and adjust your status to a conditional permanent resident. This will allow you to stay, work and travel in the US for 2 years. At the end of those 2 years, you must file another petition documenting that you two are married and living together in order to get a full 10 year green card. You will need to obtain a medical exam and file all applications with the Adjustment of Status (I-485).
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
If your friend is a U.S. Citizen, you can apply right away for a green card after getting married. You can apply for adjustment of status to one of a lawful permanent resident without any prior change of your immigration status.
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices | Hans Burgos
You don't need to change your status to fiance. You may become the beneficiary of a Petition for Relative (Form I-130) and file an Application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) from B-1/B-2 to lawful permanent resident.
The K-1 fiance visa can only be applied for outside the US, and it allows you to enter the US to get married and then file for permanent residence. If you are already here, and are married, you can file directly for the adjustment of status to permanent resident. When you file, you will also file for a work authorization (EAD) and travel authorization (advance parole). y computer. Thank you.
If you are in the U.s. you cannot apply for a fiance visa. Once married you file for your adjustment inside the U.s. contact my office if you need us to prepare the adjustment petition for you.
    You are here, so you can't get fiance visa, which a permit for a person to enter US. If you can prove your marriage will be bona fide, your petition might be approved and you might adjust status here. However, given your decision of marriage is made in a rush, it is suspcious to UsCISC that your marriage is to invade immigration law. If you want your petition to be approved, you should retain an immigration lawyer's assistance. Good luck!
    Baughman & Wang
    Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
    If you entered the US legally and you are ready to marry a US citizen, your wife can file immigration petition for you and you can file at the same time application to adjust your status. You cannot apply for fiance visa since you are here in the US.