what are the steps I need to take to bring my husband back home after a voluntary departure and how long will it take? How? 1 Answers as of September 30, 2014

My husband had entered the US illegally and has been here since 2001. We have a child and have been married for 10 years. He was arrested for a DUI and we filed for a cancellation of removal but it was denied so he voluntary departed. The judge said he denied it because I am working and could take care of myself. I really don't know much about the law and I don't know what to do and don't have a lot of money to do anything. I'm living with friends and have lost everything. I don't want to be without his. I have spent every day of my life with him since I was 16 years old and now I am 28. My son is 9 and is also having a very hard time as well with everything that has happened in a short amount of time. We also filed for an I-130 in 2004 it was approved but we never finished. Going through the process so I don't know it that effects anything to judge also told him. He would waive the 10 year thing so he could pursue filing immediately but I just really don't know where to begin or even all the information to give you so you can answer the question properly. I actually have many as you can see and the other bad thing is that we never did file taxes. I never really made enough so I had to until this next year. He was working and not paying taxes so there is that also the judge didn't say anything about it just that since my son and I do not have any illnesses and that I am working. We don't need my husband to care for us and I just don't know the chances of my husband even being able to return legally and are unwilling for him to come any other way. I just really don't know what to do and if it helps to know he is from Mexico. If you could just give me the best advice you can with the information I gave you it would be appreciated. I know that there are a lot of factors involved. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Once his 10 year ban is over, you can try applying for him. Until then, he might try living near the border so that you could visit with him more easily.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/30/2014
Click to View More Answers: