What are the requirements if my girlfriend and I are thinking of getting married? 3 Answers as of September 29, 2014

Hi. My girlfriend is coming to the USA to visit me for 6 months and we are thinking of getting married. What do I need or what are the requirements? What is the time limit for it to be done? Where do I start?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
If a person is a USA citizen and their girlfriend comes to visit and enters the country legally, they can get married and file all the many forms and supporting documents to get the wife a green card and work permit.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/29/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Do not have her visit. Instead get a fiance visa. Do not think that she will be able to stay here on a tourist visa while you are processing her fiance visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/29/2014
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
If your girlfriend is coming to get married, she should be coming on a fiance visa.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/29/2014
Click to View More Answers: