What are the penalties for not completing the required parenting class for a divorce? 5 Answers as of August 18, 2016

My wife has not completed the required parenting class for our divorce. All other papers have been filed.

Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
She could be held in contempt of court.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
It may hold up the final hearing if she hasn't done the Parenting Class. I have seen judges order it be done in the Final Judgment and I have seen them not allow the final hearing until it is completed. I would suggest that if the required time period has passed for her to complete the class that you or your attorney file a Motion for Contempt/Enforcement so your case does not get hung up.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Penalty is at the discretion of the Judge. No minimum.
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
I believe the Court will not move forward with your case until she has completed the course. If necessary, you can file a motion for the Court to issue an Order for her to complete the course by a date certain. If she then fails to do so, you can ask the Judge to issue Sanctions against her. Sanctions can be in the form of a fine, taking away custody, jail or a combination of any of the former. Good luck.
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Well, the judge may not enter the final judgment if both parties have not completed the class.