What are our legal rights when paying collections on medical bills? Posted on April 26, 2011

My dad and mom in South Dakota, were paying $50 a week to collections on Medical Bills for approx 2 years. One day they decided not to take the payment from bank acct, my dad called and they said that they need up their payment, he said he could not, so he thought they would still take 50 a week, but then one day, he went to use his bank account and $360 was taken out all his money and he was overdrawn, he then got certified letter from judge saying it was one time fee for credit collections for that bill. He called and told them he could not have this happen anymore they agreed to make payment arrangements after went through, then it went through and they took all his money of $775 which he had other bills to pay. What is the legal determination on this and what is his options?