What are the odds of receiving a denial when I try to enter US, because of my previous overstay? 2 Answers as of September 12, 2014

I entered US a few years ago with a B1 Visa. From that I applied for a L1 status and received it for 1 year. After I applied for the extension but the extension was denied. I overstayed after receiving the denial with about 5 months. Now I am the owner of the company. The company is running, is doing good but not great meaning we are on profit. My accountant recently passed away and I have to return to US because I have certain things I have to take care. A few contracts + I have a lease on an apartment + I own a car and is parked in the streets + I need to find a new accountant etc. Can I return on my previous B1? Can I apply for a new L1 and return to US as the owner or do I have to apply for an E visa here in my country?

You run a significant risk of being denied entry based upon the information provided. You would be best advised to consult an experienced immigration attorney before trying to enter the country.
I would apply for an E visa.