What are my stepsons options after being involved in a shooting? 2 Answers as of July 16, 2011

My stepson was outside his friends house when the friends dad shot him inside. Now I am moving from Midland TX to Ft worth TX and the police say my stepson can't go. So what are my options? Do I have to leave him behind with no where to go? He is 21.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Since your son is a witness, not a defendant, the police (nor the prosecutor) controls where your son may or may not live. He is definitely subject to being subpoenaed and if he is, he must appear in court. But, he has the right to live his life as he chooses. (As a witness, he does not even have to cooperate or answer the questions of police or prosecutors. I am definitely not encouraging him to do this, but he does have rights.)
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/16/2011
Aaronson Law Firm
Aaronson Law Firm | Michael Aaronson
If your son was not accused/charged in the offense and there's no reason he cannot move area. If he was, you can simply have the terms of his bond modified to allow him to move.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/16/2011
Click to View More Answers: