What are my son's rights if he was charged with a criminal offense? 1 Answers as of July 12, 2013

Involves 2 females and another suspect #2 that fled after one of the females. He was identified by distinguished facial tattoos. A day after my son was arrested the police went to question this suspected #2 . It turned out he was a parolee at large. We were told only to make an I.D but not to make an arrest. Now suspect #1 was on juvenile probation being he was once under the care of mental health court. He still had 7 years probation time. No longer on medication but still seeing a therapist. In juvenile 6 of the felonies where dropped. To find us the alternate defender already knew a deal was made. So he tells the accused it was in his best interest to waive fitness hearing. A month later suspect #2 was arrested only given small violation. Supposedly victim stating that suspect #2 pulled a gun to rob her other cell phone then forced oral copulation and had also hit and she got a fractured nose. By just reading police report it’s only obvious of these girls giving false statements of what really happened Etc. No gun was ever found at this park .Due to suspect #2 fleeing with the cell phone and it was toy gun. Can district attorney file gun enhancements on the suspected #1 even if there is no weapon as evidence and no cell phone? Suspect #1 did have his cell phone. Which parent has receipts?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
Right to a fair and speedy trial. No attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, evidence, reports, testimony, priors history, etc. However, effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail, or at least dramatically reduce it, depending upon all the facts. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself against a professional prosecutor intending to convict. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion program, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: