What are my rights regarding verbal and sexual harassment in the workplace? 1 Answers as of June 06, 2011

I am verbally and physically harassed at my job. I told the owner and his solution is not acceptable. So now what? I live with my coworkers as well. I lose my job and have to move for fear of retribution. What are my legal rights?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
You have a right to be free from verbal and sexual harassment at the workplace. If owner's solution is not acceptable you have several choices depending upon who is doing the harassment. If it is a supervisor the employer may be strictly liable for the supervisor's actions. If it is a coworker you can always file suit against them. You can file a claim with the EEOC or the CA DFEH (http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/DFEH/default/). You have only 6 months from date of violation to file.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: