What are my rights regarding child custody? 1 Answers as of June 08, 2011

Is it possible for a person to get custody of their child in the state of Alabama while on probation? The mother keeps making threats to give the child away because she don't want her, but the father wants the child to live with him. He has a stable job, house, & transportation. She also wants him to leave his current girlfriend. If not, she refuses to let him see their 3yr old daughter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
Yes. Of course, the nature of the crime and the effects on the child are relevant, but it, under the appropriate circumstances, would not prevent him from getting custody. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: