What are my rights in Illinois if I was hit from behind and have no insurance? 6 Answers as of March 30, 2011

I was stopped at a traffic light and was hit from behind. What can I do if I was hit from behind in a car accident and currently have no insurance? Can I sue the driver who hit me?

Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
Yes, you can. The person who hit you is responsible for your damages and your injuries. If you were hurt, you may have a personal injury claim. You can call the office for a free consultation.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
Yes, you may have a case against the other driver, depending on the facts. You should contact a lawyer to discuss your rights.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
You can pursue a claim and/or file suit for the damages that you sustained, which were proximately caused by the negligence of the driver that struck your car.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you. Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Yes. The fact you have no insurance has no bearing for making a claim against the responsible party.
    Willens Law Offices
    Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
    The fact that you had no insurance at the time makes no difference if the other driver was at fault. If so, you may have a valid claim against the at fault driver.