What are my rights if my wife registered a car in her name for me but when she gets mad, she says that she’s calling the police if I drive the car? 1 Answers as of October 30, 2015

I owed taxes. Wife registered a car in her name for me. The loan for the car is in my name but they added her as a co-signer because she had to be on loan to register it. We have been married for 14 years and got this car a year ago.

Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
When she's not mad I would have her put the car in your name. But seriously if you had permission to drive the car and it was bought for you to use she could not stop you by calling the police in fact the police may get mad at her for involving them in such a family dispute. It may be helpful to have the loan documents in your glove compartment to show the police your involvement with that car.