What are my rights if my childs Mommy is moving? Posted on July 01, 2011

I am a single mother who shares custody of my 4-year-old daughter. (Unofficially, we have never established anything in court, although he is the biological father and is on her birth certificate). I was accepted to an art college in California for the fall'11 semester and had discussed the move with my daughter’s father, in which he agreed to move there with us. Now, 20 days before the move, he has decided that he doesn’t want to go and wants to keep my daughter here in Hawaii. What are my rights? I cannot decline this opportunity to further my education for the betterment of my child and her future as well.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: