What are my rights if a local police officer is rude and harassing? 1 Answers as of July 14, 2015

I have had 2 encounters within the last month with this certain officer and he’s rude and harassing the local kids in a park. Officer has told me multiple times that he doesn't have to tell me anything concerning my son. He’s 20 and still lives home. Tonight, he showed up at my house roughly banged on my door and said my son was under arrest but wouldn't tell me why. He got pissed my son wouldn't come out and thru his hands in the air saying he’s done now. He’s got other charges he said and he’s getting a warrant for his arrest. My son left after he told my son he was under arrest. That's what my son said. He was rude and cocky to me and my son tonight plus the kids one other time. I’ve witnessed it twice, calling them uneducated punks with no life. He’s short tempered and likes to push his authority. I’d like to file a complaint. I called 911 and asked for another officer to come but all I got was a call from a sergeant stating he had to turn himself in. I was on my front porch. His rude remark I don't have to tell you anything. I’m legally responsible for him until he’s 21, right? It may sound petty but I’m tired of this cop being rude and they want kids to respect them.

The officer is correct that he doesn't have to tell you anything about your son. There is no legal restrction against rudeness. Either he has a warrant or he does not. If he does, then he is duty-bund to make the arrest.