What are my rights if I’m being harassed by a collection agency for a medical bill? 6 Answers as of March 12, 2014

I am being harassed by a collection agency for a medical bill. I have attempted to make a settlement, when the funds become available for me. But this is not acceptable for them. What rights do I have?

If they are "harassing" you and calling you after hours, or threatening you or do they just call a lot. If they are truly harassing you then you should speak to an attorney about filing a fdcpa lawsuit.
SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
You have rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to be free from harassment, abuse, unfairness, misrepresentations, and a host of other conduct. Under this law, you are entitled to up to $1,000 plus attorneys fees.
Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
Dispute the bill and wait to see the next step by the collection. You can always contest the reasonableness of charges based on Medicare payment guidelines.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
You can direct them in writing not to contact you. At that point, they can sue you or they can go away: those are the two choices.
To get an attorney, seek a settlement or, in the alternative suffer a judgment and ask the judge to order installment payments.
    Hire a lawyer to negotiate with them and to make sure they are acting within the law. That will at least stop the calls.