What are my rights if I was fired after filling injury report? 4 Answers as of March 02, 2016

I was injured at work and filled a report. Employer would not send me for evaluation. I went to my PCP at my cost, had MRI at my cost and employer refused TTD or medical.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You have the same rights that you had before you fired. Your employer is responsible for paying you, on a weekly basis, paying all of your medical expenses, and for making some further payment in Compensation of the permanent loss of use of your injured body part. Without an experienced attorney, you will be cheated on all fronts. You cannot sue on a theory of retaliatory discharge unless you can prove that the specific reason you fired as you are making a claim for benefits. In all likelihood, you have not even done that yet. Technically, you do not make a claim for benefits under the Worker's Compensation Act until you do so with the Illinois Worker's Compensation Commission. Any attorney who you hire will prepare these documents, without any additional charge.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
It is against Illinois law to fire you for filing a workers' compensation claim. Are you trying to receive compensation for your injury claim, or are you trying to get compensation for being fired?
Law Offices of Henry Repay
Law Offices of Henry Repay | Henry Repay
First, if you have not retained counsel in connection with a workers' compensation claim, you should arrange a consultation promptly. Continue medical treatment as instructed. Refrain from giving any statements. Next, the question of your being fired is more difficult. The employer is prohibited from retaliating against you concerning a workers' compensation claim, but that is not a guarantee of employment. Other factors may allow for the termination. I suggest you prepare notes as soon as possible summarizing how everything came about so that you will be best be able to discuss that during your consultation as well.
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
That is illegal and you may sue them.