What are my rights if I just found out I was illegally sublet to and what can I do? 4 Answers as of June 26, 2015

I just found out that I have been illegally sublet to. The person who sublet to me is mad that the landlord found out and is now trying to kick me out. I have lived here a month, paid rent and deposit. I have also put all utilities in my name. What rights do I have?

James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
If you have a lease you can sue your landlord (the tenant you rented from) for all your costs If you do not have a lease the tenant you rented from can terminate with a 30 day notice.
Vandervoort, Christ & Fisher, P.C. | James E. Reed
You have a legal claim against your landlord (the original tenant). You have no right to continue in possession.
The person you rented from has to treat you as a renter [so must give legal notice to file suit to evict you] and/or admit he defrauded you and return all deposits and unearned rent. You can also sue him for the cost of moving, fraud, and any other damages you suffered. Talk to the landlord and see if you can work something out.
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
None. You can sue the person who did have the right to rent to you.