What are my rights if I do not want an Ecclesiastical Annulment? Posted on June 20, 2011

I was divorced on August 24, 1998. My ex spouse is now seeking an Ecclesiastical Annulment. He contacted my brother for my address stating he needed it for paperwork. I sent him my address and signed the paperwork from the Archdiocese of Newark checking the box stating I do not want to be involved with the proceedings . I get an email from my ex spouse stating now the Tribunal in Clifton wants my thoughts on the marriage. They have been nothing but harassing me with this matter. I was sent a letter on this matter and sent the letter back stating I did not want to be contacted any more about this issue and I have no prior thoughts on the marriage we had. I then got another letter stating I am going to be cited. What are my legal rights in this matter? This is causing me emotional stress. My mom is under going chemo and has another mass they found and this matter is making me ill. What do I need to do?