What are my rights if I am charged with property damage? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2011

We live in the state of Kansas if that makes any difference. He is 18 years old and lives with his father who has paid off the house. They were in an argument and his mother sent the police over just to make sure they wouldn't hurt each other but when they saw the damage they went ahead and arrested him. He was taken to jail with a $250 cash only bond and has a court date on July 28th because the state pressed charges. I find it a bit ridiculous for this to go to court considering it was only 2 holes in his own home. I am just wondering what could happen and what he needs to do. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
Property damage charges usually involve damage to property that another has an interest in. If the person charged owns the property and no one else can make a claim to any ownership interest, then the charges probably should be dismissed.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: