What are my rights for getting custody of my daughter? 5 Answers as of August 14, 2013

I went to court in November of 2012 for divorce and custody over my five-year-old daughter we settled in court with a divorce and shared parenting. I went yesterday on the scheduled time and date I showed up at the residence. My daughter was supposed to be at and was told she was somewhere else so I went there and was invited into the residence. I asked if my daughter was there, they said yes. I asked to see her and my ex-husband said no and if I didn't leave he was going to personally escort me out the door. I said I'm just here for my daughter it’s my week and as I turned to leave my ex husbands girlfriend came from behind him and pushed me out the door. I called the police and was told there is nothing he can do because it is a civil matter and I would need to get in contact with an attorney and find out my options. I desperately need help I have no clue as to what my rights are.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Burnett Evans Banks
Burnett Evans Banks | Paul Evans
If you have a Judgment that gives you specific parenting time, and that time is being denied you, your most efficient recourse is to file what is called a Family Access Motion. See your Court Clerk for information. It should be a form you fill out, followed by service on the other party, followed by a pretty quick hearing on the matter.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 8/14/2013
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
You need to file a show cause action in the court alleging that the decree provided you were to have your daughter on such and such a time and that your former husband refused and neglected to allow you to pick her up to start your parenting time. The Court will set a hearing date and time and you will then need to go into Court, state the facts, and your former husband will have to show a reason why he disobeyed a court order.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 8/14/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Your rights are to move to have him held in contempt for violating the custody order.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 8/14/2013
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
You need to bring a contempt action against him in court
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 8/14/2013
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
When this was done it caused your former spouse to be in contempt of court and if you show the Court Order to the police they should have assisted you. Now you have to bring a Motion for Contempt against him.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/14/2013
Click to View More Answers: