What are my rights concerning jail time if I am already out on bail? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2011

I'm currently out on bail now and my attorney has filed for another bail hearing so that we can discuss options with the prosecutor other than jail time. If the prosecutor seeks jail time, can I choose a trial instead, and still go home from court that same day?

Harden Law Offices
Harden Law Offices | Leonard D. Harden
If your attorney is seeking to amend the bail, and you are currently out on bail it is unlikely that bail would be revoked. It could happen and without all the facts it is impossible to say for sure. You always have the right to a trial if you can not work out a plea agreement. It seems like you have an attorney and you should really consult with your lawyer as they are in the best position to give you advise because they know the facts and circumstances of your case. If your lawyer is not able to discuss your case with you perhaps you need to consider obtaining new representation.