What are my rights concerning the dissolution in marriage? 1 Answers as of June 02, 2011

My ex spouse and I were granted a dissolution, he has not followed any of the provisions. Is there anything I can do about it? He immediately violated every aspect of our agreement, which he and his attorney wrote. We have shared parenting, but he has never taken them overnight nor any weekend or for summer visitation. He pulled them all out of the private school, which he was suppose to pay for and many other things. He has had the child support reduce, his family won the lottery(5 million), I have tried with no success to see why this is happening, he is very smart about this, and I just followed what he said since it was for the children, but that is where I was mislead, it has never been about the children which I have had totally all the time since our dissloution. We were married for 10 years and have 3 boys the oldest was adopted when he was 2, or we had thought but after being granted the dissolution he stated he had never signed the adoption papers, and so our son up until the age of 15 had thought his last name was schuld and was told he was never adopted, although he had gone by that at school, the doctors, tax returns, I had no idea, so then he didnt pay support for him or anything else, he and his attorney said no attorney was needed since this was a dissolution, and because the court suggested this was best for kids, my children have suffered becuase of this and I just dont know what to do, he somehow manipultes the system and knows all the right people since he was the city audior, treasurer for the republican party, he has been advised on ways to get around the law, I didnt take any of his lottery, savings bonds, retirement I signed off on that becuase as long as the kids were number one then I could make it, but he has intentionly mislead child support as well as the federal goverment on taxes but he seems to know the loop holes and get away with it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
I am sorry for your many troubles. Obviously you love your children and want what is best for them. And you also are suffering financially as many women do post divorce. Your relief is called a motion to show cause. You can use that to enforce the terms of the dissolution as well as the child support order. I don't know where you are in Ohio, but contact a local attorney familiar with post judgment relief and child support enforcement soon.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: