What are my rights concerning a custody change? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2011

My daughter, age 16, would like to live primarily in my home. However last year her mother and I signed a stipulation giving each 50/50 placement. Since Wisconsin has a two year rule after an order is this even a possibility at this time.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Horizons Law Group, LLC
Horizons Law Group, LLC | Michelle B. Fitzgerald
The two year rule is for the original orders only. It doesn't apply to future changes. Sounds like the stipulation you signed last year was a change from the original orders. So you could do a new stipulation for this change, or bring a motion.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: