What are my rights as a Licensed Practical Nurse? Posted on April 04, 2011

I presently work at a Wellstar hospital as a Licensed Practical Nurse. I have been at this facility for 30+ years. I was told by my manager that Wellstar has eliminated the role of the License Practical Nurse, effective April 3, 2011. We would then function as a nursing assistance and not be allowed to give patient care within the Scope of Practice of the Licensed Practical Nurse. I was told that my pay would not decrease until January 2014. At that time they would re-evaluate and those that have not obtained their ADN would be terminated. As of today, we, the Licensed Practical Nurse, have not been contacted by HR with a new job description, their expectations, reassurance our salary will not be affected or even an explanation as to why we are not allowed to work in the Scope of Practice in which we are licensed. The topic was addressed by an employee at a Town Hall Meeting and the senior Vice President would not comment on it. HR has been contacted and their response indicated they did not know it had been implicated, was aware that discussions had been brought forth, but unaware of details and unsure if it were suppose to apply to all Licensed Practical Nurses employed by Wellstar. The only thing they were sure of was the fact we would not be given anything in writing stating our pay would not decrease. What are my rights?