What are my rights after getting a divorce? Posted on March 11, 2011

I emigrated to the USA in November 2010 on family based immigration visa category FB3 (married sons and daughter of US citizen). My wife was a principal applicant. Recently there are differences between my wife and myself and we have started living separate. She took the children with her to her sister (who is joint sponsor). I managed to secure a job at local gas station however the car was provided by my wife which she has taken recently. Now I am unable to continue my job. My questions are: 1. If I am jobless can I apply for unemployment benefits? 2. Presently the apartment we took on rent was managed and paid by my wife's sister. In the event she discontinue the rent agreement and I am homeless too, is there any government funded shelter for homeless?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: