What are my rights after being with someone for 16 years but not married? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2011

If I have been with someone for 16 years but not married to him am I entitled to any rights if we separate?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
You would not have any marital rights in Illinois. However, if you owned any property jointly (e.g. bank account, real estate), you may be entitled to of that asset. Also, if you had children together, you would be entitled to child support.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: