What are my responsibilities if I surrendered my home, filed bankruptcy 01/2013, and now in foreclosure? 4 Answers as of October 04, 2013

I do not have a HOA. I have moved out of county.

Joseph Lehn, Esq
Joseph Lehn, Esq | Lehn Law, PA
If the home was surrendered and the debt was listed in the bankruptcy, you have no personal obligation to the debt. The mortgage company is proceeding with the foreclosure to obtain rightful possession of the collateral of the loan, the house. The foreclose sale will be scheduled at which time you will no longer be owner of the property and will have no further responsibility for said property.
Assuming you were discharge in the bankruptcy you do not have any responsibilities. The bank is foreclosing to obtain title to the property.
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
There should be no responsibilities. But instead of just walking away, I urge you to try to negotiate a "cash for keys" deal with the lender. Many banks are willing to pay moving expenses or other cash settlements in exchange for the borrower signing a deed for the property to the bank. This saves the bank the time and expense of foreclosure and eviction.
You are no longer liable for the debt but as owner can still be liable if for example, someone slipped and was hurt on your property.