What are my options so my credit score is not affected and this does not show up on my credit history? 6 Answers as of April 28, 2016

My parents are going through chapter 13 bankruptcy. I am afraid they have put some of my medical bills in the bankruptcy. I have tried to get the lawyer’s name so I could contact and make sure I am not going to be affected but my parents will not give me any information. I know they tried to put one of my student loans in the bankruptcy because I received mail from it. I have asked my parents to give me the bills and I would pay them but they will not give them up.

You would have to pay the debts in a timely fashion for the bankruptcy to have no impact on your credit score. You can get a copy of their petition from their lawyer or the court to see what debts are listed by them.
Unless you are a minor, your bills cannot be included in their BK.
You might not need to worry (much). If your parents co-signed the student loans, the law requires them to list that on their Ch. 13 schedules. It should not affect your directly especially since the student loan obligations cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy unless you are so incapacitated that you cannot work at all. (This is only a slight overstatement.) If they refuse to tell you the name of their BR lawyer, call the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court in the district where they have filed (usually the same as where they live). For a fee of $15 the clerk's office can get the file and tell you what's in it. If you are acquainted with a lawyer in your area who has the Federal Court Data Base (called PACER), he or she can make the search quite readily, and it will only cost ten cents per page. I hope this helps. Good Luck.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
Your parents legally have to list all of their debts. If they co-signed on your student loan(s) then they would be listed. Student loans aren't discharged so you should continue to pay for them. Who is responsible for paying your medical bills? If your parents are (you haven't said how old you are or who is the responsible party) then those must also be included in the case. You can always look up the case on PACER to see what is included - https://www.pacer.gov/ If you didn't file the case it shouldn't show up under public records on your credit report. Your social security number won't be on the case, just your parents. If you parents have co-signed for something of yours then you're still responsible for the payment of the debt. Read up on credit at the Federal Trade Commission site - https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0155-free-credit-reports
Novakov & Associates, PLLC
Novakov & Associates, PLLC | LINDA S. NOVAKOV
If your parents were co-signers or somehow believed they were responsible for payment of these debts, they have to include them in their filing. As long as you are paying timely, you will not be affected by their bankruptcy. Contact the creditor for the medical bill. If it was for treatment you received, you can make arrangements to pay it.
Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    Get you credit report and check if any medical bills are on in. If so, pay them. On the student loan, they are not dischargeable in bankruptcy.