What are my options regarding emmancipation? Posted on July 21, 2011

I am 16 and having many family 'issues' such as disagreement and in my opinion, a little over dramatization on my mothers part. She has asked that I live with relatives in another state for one year because she believes my grades will improve and I will have more 'opportunity'. I strongly disagree with this but there is just no way to reason with her. One of the many options I am considering is emancipation. Im just trying to get some information on this topic and find out, hypothetically speaking, what it would take in order to have this 'option' become a possibility. Thankyou.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: