What are my options if my US husband disappeared before sending in my green card application? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I came to the US on July 2nd 2009 on a J1 visa. I started dating someone about November that year. I fell in love and we decided to get married. We got married in March 2010. Everything seemed to be going fine. We couldn't move in together because of financial reasons but we were working on it. We both lived with family members. Then suddenly a month later he disappeared. I tried to make contact since and he seemed to want to talk to me but never returned my calls. I don't know what to do. He didn't send in the forms for the green-card and there wasn't any time to put any bills or accounts in both our names. I don't know what to do. Please tell me if there is anything I could do and what my options are. Thank you in advance!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
There is nothing that you can do based on the facts you provided. Your husband is not required or obligated to petition you. If he does not petition you, then you cannot file for a Green Card based on marriage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: